Re: [IP] Insulin Pump Brands

  There are so many variables concerning picking out a pump.  We chose a
Disetronics H-Tron for our son last year because it is water proof and he was
in swimming lessons at the time.  Plus we like the idea of a kid (who at
times can be a bit rougher than most adults!) having a back-up pump just in
case.  And actually we are using the back-up for weekend/holidays with a
different basal rate, which was a recent suggestion on this list!

  Look at your son's life and his activities and then decide.  Keep in mind
that the technology IS changing on a daily basis, and with the introduction
of new companies the prices are all going to be competitive.

  Good Luck!

mom to Joshua