[IP] Re: Yellow Spot as hypo symptom

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:06:35 -0500, Jan Hughey wrote:
When I took my BG at 8:30 a.m. today I was 103. When I signed in at 10:00 I
>had my *yellow spot* in my vision indicating a plunge. I was 53.
Thomas Beatson replied:
I'm beginning to wonder if the yellow spot is a symptom that is peculiar to
long term diabetics. Never before have I seen it described as a hypo
symptom, but I too have been observing it as a pretty reliable symptom for
quite a few years. Of course I didn't keep track of the first time I noticed
it. <snip> I'd be very interested if anyone else has observed the "yellow
spot" as a
symptom of hypoglycemia. FWIW I'll let Jan take the credit for naming this
I'm responding again with:

A CDE named it for me: Aura. I've noticed this for at least 10-15 yrs. and
Sam, the BASH attendees know of whom I refer, told me a long time ago his was
blue. I can actually *feel* it coming on before it's visible. It's
cashew-shaped for me, then may progress to a full, wobbly circle. I *think* it
is in my right eye but closing my eyes doesn't make it disappear so there is
no way of knowing if it's one or the other. After my vitrectomy in '97 it was
in the shape of Texas!! Thanks, Tom, for the credit, but I ain't deservin' of

BTW - Spot - we're not calling you *yellow*. LOL

http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<--- BASH news article accessible free until
1/3/01 at paragraph #6 - after that I can e-mail it upon private request)