[IP] Yellow Spot As Hypo Symptom

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:06:35 -0500, Jan Hughey wrote:
When I took my BG at 8:30 a.m. today I was 103. When I signed in at 10:00 I
>had my *yellow spot* in my vision indicating a plunge. I was 53.

I'm beginning to wonder if the yellow spot is a symptom that is peculiar to
long term diabetics. Never before have I seen it described as a hypo
symptom, but I too have been observing it as a pretty reliable symptom for
quite a few years. Of course I didn't keep track of the first time I noticed

In my case it doesn't always appear in the same place in my field of vision,
it's semi-transparent and circular, seems to float slowly, and probably
occupies no more than 5% of the field of vision. I haven't checked to find
out whether it's visible in each eye alone, because it's more important to
treat the symptom, and as soon as it's treated it goes away.

I'd be very interested if anyone else has observed the "yellow spot" as a
symptom of hypoglycemia. FWIW I'll let Jan take the credit for naming this