[IP] Paula Clements

>got the impression that he believed that it wouldn't be for him as he
>has already had a fair amount of damage to his system, or it is also
>very possible that he has just kind-of given-up.

When I first started pumping, my dad (63 years old, 40 yrs IDM, blind,feet
& hand neuropathy, charcot joint, kidney transplant....) would say, "Good
for you, Kid, it'll keep you healthy for a cure. Me, I'm too far gone.."
Finally, after hearing all my experiences pumping, I asked him, "Are you
too far gone to FEEL BETTER?" I think that lit a spark, that became a
flame, that found an endo (not an easy task in far north Minnesota), that
fought medicare, that is gleefully pumping and marveling daily on the
wonders of his little friend. My dad never gave up on his fight against
diabetes, but he had given up on thinking there was a tool that could help
him EFFECTIVELY manage it. Just continue to relate Genevieve's story, you
might just light a spark... Lynn