Re: [IP] Information on Restaurants

On 29 Dec 2000, at 15:43, Andy Johnson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any Federal regulations placed on  Restaurants
> to have nutritional information available?

I don't believe there are any right now, but I sure do wish there
were.  Even if it's just for franchises like Chevy's or Olive Garden.  I
can see how local-only places would have a hard time being
accurate, but for franchises that have the same recipes in all of
them, I'd think it could be done.

I've been bitching at several restaurant chains lately because they
don't have carb counts.  I try to explain to them the importance of
providing such information for diabetics.

Amazingly, one person sent me back a response saying that I
should ask the server for ideas on what might be a good choice for
a diabetic meal.  Good god.  As if I'm going to ask any ol' college-
age waitress/waiter for that kind of medical information!!!!!!

Lately, I've started depending on my hubby for my bolus amounts.
He seems to have gotten a pretty good intuitive handle on these
things.  He's never been wrong yet, and he wouldn't be able to
count a carb if you hit him over the head with it!  How does he do

oops.  several rants starting.  better stop while I'm ahead. :-)