Re: [IP] Tobogganing LOW..

>  For example, we took our 4 year old pumper tobogganing today, which
>  is hiking
> up a big hill every run, so I gave about a 10g chocolate before-hand
> and his bg at the time was 216.  An hour and later and his bg had
> dropped to 36. I am thinking that I SHOULD have given him his lunch
> (40g) and not bolused, then just treated a high (if any) later???
> Sound right?

It's trial and error. You have to gauge how much energy is going to
get burned by exercise, the cold, etc... each activity has it's
quirks. Swimming for instance, sucks energy out through the water
contact with the skin -- the colder the water the more you lose. When
skiing, Lily usually drops her basals by 50%, but it's been a couple
of years since we've been. Just keep notes on things like your
experience above and use the records as your guide -- things will
change as the kids grow.