[IP] Tobogganing LOW..

Hi all:  Well here is a question I have been meaning top ask for awhile.  How
much do you "carb-up" to accomodate for exercise/activity?

 For example, we took our 4 year old pumper tobogganing today, which is hiking
up a big hill every run, so I gave about a 10g chocolate before-hand and his
bg at the time was 216.  An hour and later and his bg had dropped to 36. I am
thinking that I SHOULD have given him his lunch (40g) and not bolused, then
just treated a high (if any) later???  Sound right?

Let me know what YOU do...