[IP] retinopathy-LEE

      From one retinopathy victim to another- get on that pump.  I am 23 and
during my teens, had anorexia nervosa.  About 2 years ago, I started the
whole eye mess.  I have had at least 10 laser treatments in each eye, 2
vitrectomies on my right, and one coming up on my left.  My right eye is
stable now and sees prety darn well except for the central vision.  My left
eye has a patch of swo;;en vessels left that won't go away with laser, so
they need to be surgically removed.  My center vision is also screwed in the
left eye, but the doc says that there is a device coming out soon that he can
implant in my eye which will dissolve the fluid.  Also, the surgery may help.
     Eventhough my sight is terrible, I can't read, had to quit school, and
can barely drive, I have spoken with quite a few others whose eyes were just
as bad as mine, but after there years of treatment, they are getting along
today, going to school again, working, driving.  So, I can't totally give up
now.  Plus, with what they are doinf now with stem cells and regrowth, a new
retina is not out of the picture

Go to this link and read the article- it is very hopeful.  If you need to
talk, please feel free to contact/eail me.