Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

In a message dated 12/27/00 12:40:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< I think that if
 there are no problems to report, then any kid who achieves this great number
 should be told "great job."  Not encouraged to loosen up.  When my daughter
 heard that all her work produced a recommendation to lighten up, boy, did
 ever.  Now we are not in as good control as we once were.  We were in a
 rhythm on habits and so forth, and then lost it.  In 3 years we have never
 been to the emergency room, and are still able to achieve 6.1 to 7.3 arcs.
 And we have been able to manage the stress level in the process. >>

You said it perfectly.  My son has never had the rhythm down again as well.
But I guess that is part of adolescence.  And now he is a junk food fiend.
He would have never dared if they hadn't told him to lighten up.  But we have
never had an emergency room visit or even close unlike his father.  Not near
close.  I credit that to the pump and how bright he is in "getting it."  He
really makes it work for him. We go back in on Jan 11.  It will be very
interesting to see what the A/c is now.  I hope the medical staff walk the
line better this time.  I have considered calling the nurse ahead of time and
asking them to watch it before they get too exuberant, but I am afraid they
will just think I am over reacting or be personally offended.

Thanks for the imput.