Re: [IP] stupid question

I am state employee of NJ and I can either pay 10% of miniMed's
contracted price for 3 months of supplies. ( I worked it out to be
just about $100 out of pocket for 3 months of supplies) I have a
$400 out of pocket cap on durable med supplies OR just recently I
found out that I can get all but batteries through the mail order
supply part of my prescription plan. I will still get three months of
supplies at a time and my co-pay is $5 for each prescription ($20
total for sets, resivour, insulin and IV prep). They in turn order them
from Minimed. I will have to give them about a four week lead to
make sure I get my supplies without running out but it is far less
expensive. I'll still get batteries from minimed. I don't think I'll get a
better deal then paying $5.60 every three months.

I didn't realize my prescription plan would cover til minimed
suggested I try the mail order part of my benefits. Glad I did.
Gail D.

>Here is my stupid question for the day: <snip> how do I get the
>silhouettes( Sp) and stuff like
>that I need? Through my regular pharmacist? Through minimed? Do they just
>come with the pump? How many do I get at a time? Thanks!!!

Not stupid at all.  You're going to need this stuff.  I can't say for sure
where you'll get the supplies from, but it won't be your pharmacy.  It'll
be whichever company your insurance company is contracted with.  MiniMed is
one, Insulin Infusion Specialties is another, and I'm sure there are
more.  BTW, most insurance companies classify the pump supplies as Durable
Medical Equipment.

How many you get at a time again depends on your insurance.  Most insurance
companies let you get 3 or 6 month supplies.

The pump will come with a good stash of supplies to keep you for a while.

Hope this helps,
Liz