[IP] Re: Is this really necessary?

Lindsey, anticipating her meeting with her daughter's coaches, shares

<<  Basically, we are just asking for a little compassion.  They give
 more play time to girls who make it to fewer practices, and who aren't
 diabetic!  These coaches are known for playing favorites; I was warned about
 them in September, and sure enough....I think they are spooked about the
 diabetes.  Too bad, cuz our kid is good, enjoys the sport a lot, and needs
 for her health.  I dread this meeting on Jan 7, but at least my husband and
 will do it together (without our daughter who is mortified that we are
 a stink).  She has the same coach in the spring for softball.  Ugh.
 Lindsey  >>
  Lindsey - you're carrying the flag for many of us on this one.  You're not
making a "stink" - you're educating.  The discussion we've been having re
"being normal with diabetes" and the reality that we're dealing with a
chronic, often debilitating, and potentially fatal disease is closely linked
to your meeting.  Bless you for having the courage - and the voice.  Go for
it!!!!  Jill T Peaks Island Maine