Re: [IP] Re: Schools and coaches

As a former high school basketball player myself, I can relate to the
problems you are having!!  I was diagnosed with IDDM my freshman year of
high school...seven years ago.  My coach reluctantly allowed me to continue
on the team, but not without difficulty. I cannot say how many times I went
low in a game and had to rely on my teammates to vouch for the fact that I
really needed to come out and get a cup of Gatorade!!  But in the end, it
was worth it.  I was not on the pump at the time, I think that would have
made things easier for control, but oh well!  Just as a note of
encouragement...I made the all-State team my junior and senior years and was
asked to play overseas with a select group of students.  I declined athletic
scholarships to accept a full-ride academic scholarship to Central Michigan
University, where I am currently finishing up my senior year.  I coached
throughout college and plan to continue coaching kids throughout my life.
It can be done!!  Best of luck to you...I hope that you educate a few more