[IP] re: DM cure?

I agree! Geez, what a helpful thing to say to them (NOT!)
Our endo is great - doesn't sugar coat things but doesn't dash
all hope either. Apparently (from our experience) he believes a
cure is on the horizon but doesn't believe in giving a time frame
for it. I like this realistic, middle of the road approach. Much
more palatable!

   On the other hand, I was absolutely horrified to hear several
years ago of a renowned ped endo who told a mom of a newly dx'd 4
yr old: "get used to it..he'll NEVER be cured of this".....Talk
about UNhelpful comments!!! We've all heard variations on the
"cure" theme, but no one needs to have their hopes dashed so
cruelly when they've barely even learned the first chapter in
Diabetes 101!
regards, Renee (pump mom to an almost 18 yr old Melissa- who was
just 9 yrs
old the last time I blinked, wasn't she?)

little guy due 3/10/01