Re: [IP] TO the kids and parent's of kids on pumps

email @ redacted writes:

<< Keep these kids in good control!  It is their best bet for a good future
 the cure or at least a mechanical equivelent is working (I've heard about
 these being available 'in five to ten years' from the time I was diagnosed
 fourty years ago) (with glucose sensors and internal pumps on the very near
 horizon we may be getting real close)
 Yerachmiel Altman >>

What a wonderful statement you made!   And what marvelous parents you had!
My son was also diagnosed at age 2 and it was difficult enough with
disposable syringes, 2 minute glucose monitors, etc.  I can't imagine the
anxiety your parents must have gone through with only urine testing.
    You are so right that pumps are the way to go, especially during the
teenage years.
   All the best,