Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

Regarding the booklet for kids:

Kids ask:  "Why keep my bg's normal range as much as possible"?

Don't know if this will help but here are my reasons:

1.  To feel better in day to day life.  More normal bg's means a more
normal a day to day life and activties I can have and the less I will feel
the diabetes in my life.

2.  To delay the side-effects (complications) of diabetes which are more
likely to happen without normal range bg's.  This will get easier to do as
technology advances.

3.  To delay the side-effects of diabetes becoming serious with me until a
real control or cure is found which could be 10 years or 30 years away.  No
matter how near or far a control or cure is; I want ot be healthy enough to
enjoy not being diabetic.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!