[IP] Treatment By Friends/Family

I have access to the Internet!  I have access to the
Internet!  I HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET!!!!!!  :-)

Sorry about that....  Had to get it out of my system.
Unfortunately, I won't have access after Saturday
morning, but hey, I am ON-LINE!!!!!!!!!

On to why I was posting a message in the first place.
The treatment of diabetics by friends and family.
Here's the way I see it: You don't/can't accept my
diabetes, you don't accept ME.

I am not saying people need to LIKE my diabetes.  In
fact, you can HATE my diabetes; BUT you have to be
able to say, yes, she has diabetes and not ignore it,
hide it, pretend it doesn't exist in some other way,
etc.  If you can't accept being friends/family with ME
(and all parts of me, diabetes included) than I can't
accept being friends/family with YOU.

I know this sounds harsh, but diabetes is a part of
ME; it is apart of who I am, just like my blindness,
hearing loss, etc.  If someone cannot accept the fact
that I have diabetes than I can't accept their
unacceptance.  It's that simple.

On a lighter note, Happy New Year!  For you computer
lovers, what is 010101?  (I never did do well with
binary numbers.....)  0:-)

Pump hugs,

Melissa Collins

Do You Yahoo!?