Re: [IP] DM cure?

> Hi, David Adams
> I know that for  many years , many  people said that there is no cure for
> diabetic people for many year but  I am christian  and  I know that  Jesus is
> power cure for allllllllllllllllllll of everything and  he can heal  people
> who are sick .... [Etc.]

I find this incredibly offensive. Is this kind of post customary and
acceptable on this list? This is at least as offensive as new-agers asking
me "why did you _choose_ to be diabetic?" and "oh, all illness is in your
mind...you can cure it." What is wrong with having an _incurable_ disease?
If there's no cure that doesn't mean I can't live a decent life. It also
doesn't have to be my fault that I have this disease. All of the religious
stuff, be it new-age, Christian, or whatever ultimately says "you're sick
because you're impure." Well, forget that: diabetes has been a great
spiritual teacher for me but I'm still a diabetic!

I understand that people are deeply, painful, uncomfortable with have an
incurable disease. Well, after 25 years I more-or-less accept that this
disease is something I have to live with for as long as I can figure.

* Diabetes is a chronic disease and eventually we die, just like everyone

* There isn't a cure and might not be one in our lifetimes.

* Having diabetes is no protection against any of the other usual problems
people have.

* Fair has nothing to do with it.

Note: I'm better off than diabetics in most of the world. Lots and lots of
Type I diabetics die quickly because they live in places where insulin, test
strips, aspirin....are too expensive. So, I count myself lucky.

David Adams
Kailua, HI