Re: [IP] Tincture of Benzoin Question???

Hi Shelley, my name is Sylvia.  My son, Joshua, is on the Dis. H-Tron but we
use MM's sof=sets with their serter.  We started out on the Tenders.  We had
a TERRIBLE time with sites right from the beginning but then, through this
list, found out about Mastisol.  It is a liquid adhesive that really works.
The one thing I had to learn the hard way was that it is VERY important to
allow both the IV Prep to dry slightly as well as the Mastisol, to get a
little sticky prior to applying the set.  I clean the area with the prep, fan
for a few seconds then use a QTip to apply a cirlce of Mastisol, leaving a
hole in the center for the site insertion.  Fan this a few more seconds then
do the insertion.  Then put on any other tape or cover you want.  It really
has saved us.

  Josh actually had to go off the pump for a few months because we were
averaging 5 sites in 7 days with this problem.  But things are GREAT now!
Good luck.  If you want to talk privately just write to me.  It is good to be
able to talk to other parents going through similar things.  By the way,
Joshua just turned 9 y.o.

mom to Joshua