[IP] Tincture of Benzoin Question???

Hi all:  I picked up a bottle of Tincture to help my son's tape on his Sils
stay in place...now what?  It is a bottle and has liquid.  I tried today to
use a Q-tip and ran some around the edges of the peeling tape, but nothing
happened?  Am I using the wrong stuff?  I have heard it referred to as
"gorilla snot", this is not like that I don't think?  Should I be after the
COMPOUND or what do I do?  When do I put it on and do I dab it around the
whole spot I am inserting? So I let it dry??  Lots of questions now....Please
let me now ASAP.

Thanks, Shelly