Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

I think the answer you are considering for your book is fine for the age
group.  How thoughtful you are on this most important issue.  For most
adults, this answer would sound somewhat evasive and end up being
provocative.  We heard a lot of these type answers when our daughter was
diagnosed.  I remember asking my husband, who grew up with the disease, "What
are they really saying?" It took me about a year of questioning to finally
figure it out, then another year for it to sink in, and finally, another year
after that to live with the reality.  You gotta be positive with kids and
newly diagnosed families too.  Your answer is the best answer I can think of.
 There is no easy answer to the diabetes story.