Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

That 7.0 A1C recommendation (from the DCCT) is for *adults* and
*older* teens (I can't remember how old your daughter is.) It
isn't recommended for children and younger teens because of the
risk of too many hypos. The A1C recommendation for children
varies by age and to some extent, depends on whether there is
hypo unawareness or not. As they get older, the target ranges are
narrowed and control is tightened, so the recommended A1C is
lower. My daughter is 10 and the recommended A1C for her age is
7.8-8.0. When she was younger (around 6-7) the recommended A1C
was higher, like around 8.5-9.0 (can't remember exactly but it's
close.) So it all just depends. I'm sure Barbara Bradley and some
of the other medical/diabetes professionals here can tell you
more about this. This info is just what I've read/researched and
been told by our endo.

Lindsey said:
I thought that we were supposed to achieve an A1C of below 7.0

little guy due 3/10/01