Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

Our medical team has also expressed concern about "hidden lows" from a 6.2
A1C, yet they have also said a 7.3 was too high!  We sometimes feel that
there is no winning.  I agreed with the 7.3 needing to come down, but not
with a 6.2, by definition, being too low.  I thought that we were supposed to
achieve an A1C of below 7.0.  A 6.2 is a lot of work, and I think that if
there are no problems to report, then any kid who achieves this great number
should be told "great job".  Not encouraged to loosen up.  When my daughter
heard that all her work produced a recommendation to lighten up, boy, did she
ever.  Now we are not in as good control as we once were.  We were in a
rhythm on habits and so forth, and then lost it.  In 3 years we have never
been to the emergency room, and are still able to achieve 6.1 to 7.3 A1Cs.
And we have been able to manage the stress level in the process.  I thought
that was the scenario we were supposed to orchestrate!