Re: [IP] DM cure?

> There are probably more, but my point is that the lack of a
> cure for diabetes is not surprising. It's disturbing that so many
> doctors promised their patients a cure "in five years." I think
> that's really dishonest -- they should have known that they
> could not in good faith promise such a thing.

Well put. Anything more than a couple of years out is science fiction,
particularly in medical research. There is _no way_ to schedule
products/cures that depend on basic breakthroughs that haven't happened yet.
I develop software for a living and can tell you that "five years out" in
that field means "we really have no idea if we'll get this to work or not."

I was told "ten years to a cure" at the Joslin Clinic in Mass. 25 years ago
when I was first diagnosed. I was also told that measuring all of my food,
testing my urine, and taking a huge shot of Lente once a day would keep me
in good control!

David Adams
Kailua, HI