[IP] Re: 50-yr award

>From: "J Hughey" <email @ redacted>
>---<snip>---...... They issue a certificate for 25 yrs. of Insulin
>Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, and a bronze medal for 50 years. --<snip>--

>>It's been a very long time since they began giving medals but am I correct
in remembering that it used to be a gold medal for 50 years and a bronze for
40 or 45 years?  I guess when they began, fewer people with DM survived 50
years with it.  With better control and more 50 year survivors, they found
it necessary to cut  back.  John Kinsley>>

I never heard that, but I did inform my identical twin friends of the 50-yr
medal back in 1985 (they'd been giving them only about 10 yrs then) and they
received a bronze - first identical twins to ever receive the 50-yr medal(s).
>From what I knew at that time, there could be no complications at 25 yrs,
therefore, I did not qualify for that certificate; that qualification has
since been dropped. The 50-yr. medal was issued if you remained warm and
breathing. I qualify. (~_^)
http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<-- my 50-yr medal story is accessed in the 6th
paragraph of my website)