[IP] Re:small vent about...

In a message dated 12/26/00 1:38:00 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Ince again as over the past 27 years i find that a type i diabetic cannot
> function socially with friends nor family.  I swear if one more person gets
> angry with me for the extra time it takes to calculate insulin boluses nor
> test; I'll shoot them!  I know we diabetics are a royal pain to be around
> because of the time we need for self-maintenance and dietary calculations
> but I really can't teake any more presure to "get my ass in gear and hurray
> up".  I tolerated that form all my friends and family and that's it.  As of
> tomnight I am divorcing myself from family and friends excpet ones who are
> sick as well.
> Darrin Parker
I can't believe that the people who care about you have acted like that
Darrin.  {{{{{{{{{{{Darrin}}}}}}}}}}
Sorry to hear you had such a hard time over christmas.  I was about to say my
fam doesn't treat me like that but I actually usually test blood sugar before
I get there and figure in my head as i'm eating or after i eat what to bolus.
 Only when I'm alone with the dh do I get the books out and double check and
sometimes blood test at the table at the restaurant (I've actually gotten
bold and done this in public a couple times in the last 2 weeks  --  whoohoo
for me!)
My fam doesn't say anything or ask anything about the diabetes stuff anymore,
I guess it's been here too long.
My sil did have me sit by her cousin who is at a diabetic of 33 years at
thanksgiving dinner.  This cousin is getting her new pump this week after 3
hrs of talking to me about it   :)   That felt good.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000