[IP] RE: 50-yr award

>From: "J Hughey" <email @ redacted>
>---<snip>---...... They issue a certificate for 25 yrs. of Insulin
>Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, and a bronze medal for 50 years. --<snip>--

It's been a very long time since they began giving medals but am I correct
in remembering that it used to be a gold medal for 50 years and a bronze for
40 or 45 years?  I guess when they began, fewer people with DM survived 50
years with it.  With better control and more 50 year survivors, they found
it necessary to cut  back.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998