[IP] Re: cure

email @ redacted writes:

<< Actually, I think the real reason there hasn't been a cure yet  is because
 the public (and this includes many persons who could be potential
 researchers) are not outraged by this disease.  >>

I think people should be outraged about diabetes and I agree that many people
aren't. However, I don't think that's the reason there is not a cure. If that
were the case, there would already be cures for breast cancer, AIDS, MD, MS,
Lou Gehrig's etc., etc. Call me Polly Anna. But I think the REAL reason there
is no cure for diabetes is that it just hasn't been discovered yet (and
there's not enough funding to make that happen). And I pray that it will
happen soon.

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, who will turn 7 on Dec. 28 and has
been pumping since July 12 (and had the most incredibly wonderful control
over Christmas that we have EVER had, even though, for the first time ever,
he sampled every single type of cookie we made during our family "cookie day"
and ate what he wanted, when he wanted, on through holiday celebrations.)