Re: [IP] families that don't understand

>Two weeks ago Lauren went to a birthday party. She goes on the pump Jan 22
>but for now is counting carbs and bolusing with a Humalog pen. So I know she
>knows what to do at the party. She comes home afterward and says "Well I
>pretty much had to eat alone. By the time I had checked my blood, counted
>the carbs and taken my insulin everyone was done. So I missed one of the
>games!!" Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is great!  Great in the way that Lauren has so much self-definition!
Wonderful!  Hopefully being a course behind in each meal with no-diabetics
will not affect her with her apparent good self-esteem!  Keep up the gret
work!  Wonderful!

As opposed to:  "why can't you do your caluclations before hand?  Why do
you keep waiting until the food is on your plate?  You are useless.... etc

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!