Re: [IP] Re: DM Skipping generations

As a spouse to a T1 & mother to another diagnosised at 8yrs, this skipping a
generation just isn't so!

In a message dated 12/26/00 12:09:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Interesting thought - but I think you'll find that DM hits and misses
 it wants. There are identical twins who both have DM - Or - one does the
 not. A lady who joined the list had 9 kids with 4-5 of them w/DM including
 twins. I know a family where the dad, dtr. and grandson all have T-1. You'll
 find others, I'm sure, on this list who will come forward and give their
 family history of DM. I'm the only one in the family and it's been 50 years
 there has been plenty of time for it to show up elsewhere. I have my theory
 to why *I* have it. YMMV (~_^)