Re: [IP] Re: DM cure

Well said.  Part of the agony of being diabetic is that you are vulnerable
either way.  If people don't know how bad it really is, then the funding and
attention isn't directed to diabetes, and help isn't on the way.  If people
do know how it is, then they might not handle this sensitive situation well,
and say the wrong thing, adding to the burden.  Diabetes is very much a
disease with social implications, and it takes away a certain degree of
personal privacy healthy people take for granted.  My daughter and I are
learning to just roll our eyes at stupid comments and let them go.  My
daughter has traveled all over the country to various, really fabulous
diabetic camps, that have given her a sense of camaraderie with other people
who understand diabetes. This is helpful when living in a non-diabetic world.