[IP] Re: DM cure

Actually, I think the real reason there hasn't been a cure yet  is because
the public (and this includes many persons who could be potential
researchers) are not outraged by this disease.  Most persons are completely
uneducated about this disease and do not realize what it is all about and how
serious it really is.  I find in general that people think if you eat on
time, that pretty much takes care of the disease.  While the government funds
most research, their decision on what to fund is directed somewhat by public
opinion.  And the bottom line is that the public just doesn't realize how
important diabetes research is.  (And I'm talking about Type 1 and Type 2)