Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

I did not mean to imply that diabetes does not shorten your life or that it
isn't devastating.  The point I was trying to make is that just because I
have diabetes, don't expect me to die or treat me with pity because of it.

It is very difficult to deal with and I understand that but I DO NOT want
people to treat me with pity or kid gloves because of it.  I want to live my
life and enjoy it as much as I can without the limitations that others can
try and put on me.

I get so tired of hearing that I can't do something because I have diabetes.
That very seldom has anything to do with it.  If I can't do something, it's
usually because I am simply unable to do it.

Pumping 12/1/00