[IP] Medicare as Primary Insurance

For all of you whom like I went over the magic age of 65, and all of a sudden
your primary insurance becomes Medicare.  I have been insulin dependant over
40 plus years and for the last 6 years on the pump, but good old Medicare does
not believe me and I had to take a C-Peptide test, plus my doctor had to fill
2 pages of diabetes (mine) personal information, plus my MD has to provide
written information that I take blood readings 4 times per day - all of this
so that I can get supplies for my pump - regardless, it is costing the "Tax
Payer" between $500 to $800 to prove that I am insulin dependant - why cant
Medicare get the information from existing records?  Keep in mind that I am
going on my third week getting the information prepared, don't wait till the
last minute.