Re: [IP] Re: Friends and family

>I don't bring it up to people often,
>FEAR OF THE FUTURE."  Advocacy is critical to a cure, and it involves putting
>yourself and to a certain extent, your kid out there.  We need money for a
>cure.  Sorry I became so adamant on this.  Nothing personal

Once again you made an important message to all.  We may be hit by a bus
tomorrow; but if we do avoid early death by accidents; diabetes will kill
us - some after a decade, some after 6 decades.  No question about it.  No
matter how well anyone takes care of themselves; the correlation between
diabetes complications and not is far from 90%.  It's a crap shoot but
tight control does help your odds.

We all are doing ourselves and our children a terrible dis-service by
conveying the message that any of us or any of our DM kids can have a
normal life and a decent hope for not being killed by this disease.  This
is a fact.  We must work on spreading the word that this is not an
inconvenience nor a manageable disease.  it is an uncontrolable,
death-dealing disorder as bad as any other disease and worse than most.

I'm happy for the time I have and for the better control and odds via the
pump but each year it gets harder to see the computer screen and I hope
each month this isn't the month my kidney's fail.  And I have taken care of
myself above and beyond recomendations of any healthcare team.

Type I since age 9 in 1974.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!