Re: [IP] Re: Advances & cures

>> Can you imagine the prejudice against pumping once a bg sensor is tied to
>> the pump?  This one advance alone will put thousands of pharmacies and
>> strip manufacturers in the red.  Type II's may be 90% of the diabteics out
>> there but in general they only test once a day or even once a week!
>I thought it was pretty interesting that when I requested *goody bag*
>stuffings for attendees to my BASH, Bayer sent me a Clinitest set for my
>display table - BRAND NEW with tablets that expire in 2004!!!! I wonder if B-D
>still makes the Automatic Injectors? LOL  I would suppose since they sent me
>this NEW Clinitest (pee) set, they wouldn't just mfg. ONE, but a whole
>production line of them -- so antiquated and we want all to have pumps. I also
>have a friend who won't use his cruise control from Indiana to New Hampshire
>on the Toll Rd/Turnpike cuz it's too dangerous if you come up behind someone
>not going as fast as you. (Oh, and I found out why some don't use their turn
>signal: Don't want to wear out the bulb!!!)  Therefore, not everyone will be
>clamoring to get cured. YMMV (~_^)

What a great analogy!  I cring each time I see a Clinitest bottle on the
shelves!  How I hated urine testing.  Of course I only had to endure that
for 8 years.  I have always been thankful i missed the days of having to
use oly one glass syringe and boil it each day but I am still amazed by
people who think bg testing is a pain or even an inconvenience!  wonder
what eould happen if we all started testing our urine with the clinitest
kit and test tubes at a restaraunt table?  LOL!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!