[IP] Baby in the family

The risk of getting gestational diabetes is very low to begin
with. I just read somewhere that something like 1% of pregnant
women will get gestational diabetes. The risk goes up if there is
a lot of *T2* in the family (a small percentage of women who get
GD go on to develop T2 within 10yrs or so.) I'm not sure of the
risks if there is T1 in the family, but I don't think it has *as
much* influence over GD as T2 does. With diabetes in the family
she is at a slightly higher risk than most women, period, and I'm
sure her dr will watch her closely.

Michelle said:
My sister, who is not diabetic, just found out she is
pregnant!!!  We are so
excited around here.

My question is, with all the diabetics in my family, what are her
chances of
having diabetes while she is pregnant? (some snipped)

little guy due 3/10/01