Re: [IP] DM cure?

In a message dated 12/26/00 7:01:14 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have always wondered about when and if they do find a cure for
 Diabetes, will all the medical supply companies (that make insulin, test
 strips, glucose meters, pumps, etc.) go out of business?
     My thoughts are that maybe this is why the cure is so slow in coming,
 because perhaps these companies are the hold back. Once a cure for D is
 found, they will be out of work. Just my thoughts. >>

Well, the cure that's coming seems to be for type 1s. Only about 10 percent
of people with diabetes are type 1. The remaining 90 percent also use
insulin, test strips, glucose meters, pumps, etc. -- and also oral

What are your thoughts on *that*? :-)
Jan and Elvis