[IP] Small vent about carb books & Xmas dinner

Well, I thought now that i'm on the pump with a predictable basal rate and
otherwise stable fasting bg's I could use carb books and stop "eyeballing'
the carbs in food.  Wrong!  So far, as again tonight, I find the crabs
listed in the books very far off from my eyeball estimates.  I bolused for
the carbs as listed in the books (each book was different anyway) and ended
up with bg's of 20+ (380+).  Had I just eyeballed form experience I would
have only been up to about 180!

So much for carb books.

Another vent no one can help with:

Ince again as over the past 27 years i find that a type i diabetic cannot
function socially with friends nor family.  I swear if one more person gets
angry with me for the extra time it takes to calculate insulin boluses nor
test; I'll shoot them!  I know we diabetics are a royal pain to be around
because of the time we need for self-maintenance and dietary calculations
but I really can't teake any more presure to "get my ass in gear and hurray
up".  I tolerated that form all my friends and family and that's it.  As of
tomnight I am divorcing myself from family and friends excpet ones who are
sick as well.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!