[IP] Always thought Diabetes...continued

Hello Folks--

Its been 33 days since I've had surgery to remove metastatic melanoma
cancer to my left lung.  My surgeon removed 50% of this lung. I am
recuperating well and feel ok for the most part.  There still is some
pain on a fractured rib and some irritated nerves on my chest. My
breathing seems to be good and I have been riding the exercise bike off
and on for the last 2.5 weeks.  There is still a very small spot on my
right lung measuring 7 mm which is very small compared to what was on
the left.  We'll worry about that one in a few months after treatment.

I'll be starting treatment on Wednesday of this week with Dr. Berd of
Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.  He has developed a
vaccine treatment to combat the spread of melanoma.  I'll be receiving 7
separate treatments of a vaccine over a 7 week period and one separate
chemotherapy treatment next week. The vaccine will be made from the
tumor removed from my lung. If interested please visit the website I
have listed below.

If there is any good news in all of this, my bg's have been great!  It's
been easy for me to maintain good control with such little activity
although all of the holiday treats over the past few days have been
throwing me into a tail spin!  I'll have to make some improvements. ;~)

Happy Holidays everybody and I'll check back in after a few weeks.  Keep
positive attitudes, I know I have one.  I'm back to work the first week
of Jan. so there no time for despair.

Mark Capozzoli