No Subject

I am so sorry my dear about Jessica. I know exactly what you mean; that
after 8 years one would think that the surprises would be over. That you
would be in some sort of routine and that these outlandish punishments
wouldn't happen. My daughter has had a seizure before and it is a scene out
of the exorcist. My younger son saw it too. I don't know why Jessica had
the symptoms she had with a 36 blood sugar. I'm with you, God I hate this
disease too.
hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are two causes for seizures that are often
not understood by er docs. and then your kid gets a million dollar neuro
workup which is frightening to all involved. My standard of practice for
kids: A diabetic kid always has the right to a seizure. If it happens more
than a couple of times then the kid needs a work-up. A formula that I
evolved after 33 years of neurology. Spot.
A Bender, M. D.