[IP] Blood Gusher

Hello all and Happy Holidays.
New here and new to pumping.  Today I pulled out a set
and got ready to put in a new one and what to my wondering
eyes did appear but a river of blood running down to here!
Well, got a washcloth and held it long enough for it
to get pretty well soaked and then removed it and put\
on a Band-Aid and neosporin.
This was pretty gross!  Afterwards it was fairly painful.
It is still sore.  The set(the one that disconnects and
you put in with an inserter) was in two days.  It was
a little uncomfortable during the two days.
How often does this happen?  I placed the new infusions set
into the other side and it feels somewhat better.
I am really beginning to feel that plain old shots were
more controllable.  I sure didn't have this happen.