Re: [IP] Supportive Spouses or lack of

Hey Barb--you're not alone. I'm sure your husband loves you very much, but
some people just don't know how to cope/deal with the disease of a loved
one. My husband is the same. He has absolutely NO clue about diabetes, has
never once read any info I've conveniently left laying about and had no
interest in the videos/brochures/booklets about the pump that my
daughter(who is 10) and I watched together. She's more interested and knows
more about my diabetes than my husband. I try to explain a few things to him
and he may listen, but I'm not sure how much he really knows. And when I
made the decision to go on the pump, he had absolutely nothing to say about
it; other than "if that's what you really want". I know where you're coming
from. And I thought I was the only one with a hubby like this!...not that it
makes it any better--but it's just nice to know that I'm not the only one.
I've been on my ANIMAS pump since 11/22 and absolutely LOVE IT! I only wish
I'd done it sooner.