Re: [IP] new to pumping

On 23 Dec 2000, at 9:10, ISRAEL  AGUILAR wrote:

> Anyways, I have kind of had a hard time with the pump.  Which leads me to my
> question.  I am only about five feet tall, and weigh about 100 lbs.  Now, when
> I use the sofserter, it doesn't hurt to insert.  I find, however, that I have
> pain at the site.

HI Israel!  I'm a thin one too.  Started the pump at the beginning of
November at 5'8", 120 lbs (have gained some weight since then
YAY!).  I've had some trouble with pain too.

I do believe there's a bit of toughening up to do, though I don't
understand why, exactly.  Some sites that hurt at the beginning
don't hurt anymore.  I have no idea why.  It was the same way with
BG testing.  For me, anyway.

Yet, I still have to be careful about which sites I use.

If I use tummy, it has to be at the lower edge of the pad of fat,
otherwise, it's too close to my belt and then I can have terrible
constant pain.  Thank goodness I actually have some fat on my
tummy, something I used to complain about but not anymore!

My right outer thigh is best so far.  I seem to sit towards the left of
chairs and tend to bang the left site a little more often (I think the
way I sit is a holdover from when I had my Wally Kitty, who spent
most of his 5 years with me sitting on the right side of me.  I still
miss my baby kitty.  He died of acute renal failure right before my
diabetes diagnosis a year ago)

My favorite sites are the outside of my thighs.

One of these days, I'm going to attempt love handles (hubby will
have to help tape that down for me), and possibly outside of hip

I do pinch up before I sofsert the thing in (I'm also using Micro QR).

Sometimes, it'll burn for awhile until I eat a big carby meal and do a
large bolus.  After a large bolus, it'll settle down and stop burning.  I
don't know why.

Now, I can use my thigh sites for 4 days.  Tummy sites for 3 (they
start itching too much after 3 days).

Hopefully, you'll have similar experiences.