[IP] Jessica's ER trip

Jessica woke up this morning screaming in pain and that she didn't feel
good.  Blood sugar was 36 and she was completely paralyzed on the left side
of her body.  Gave her juice, bg was 39.  She promptly threw it up and
screamed some more that her head hurt and she couldn't move to turn over.  I
started getting worried and gave her coke through a straw.  She still
couldn't move the left side of her body, and then the coke started coming
out the side of her mouth and she started trying to talk.  It was all
slurred and the left side of her face was drooping now.  I called 911
because it looked so much like a stroke.  The paramedics thought so also and
we raced to the hospital.  She started getting movement back in her left
side and her bg's came up to 85, but she was still very weak on the left
side.  6 1/2 hours and a CT scan later, they decided she didn't have a
stroke as all her symptoms except the severe headache were gone.  She
apparently had a "silent seizure" and Todd's Paralysis some time in the
early morning.  She is fine now, just extremely sleepy.  Also, her pump was
off from 8:30 am till 3:00 pm and her bg's stayed between 140-160.  I am
completely exhausted and drained but so grateful she didn't have a stroke.
After 8 years of this disease you wouldn't think things like this would
sneak up on you, but they do.  Thanks for listening and being here for me, I
just can't stop crying.  I hate this disease.

Tired Nita in Texas
Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 2 1/2 years & Jarred,

Send a cool gift with your E-Card