Re: [IP] Re: inconvenience

Hi Jan

I accept what you say and I understand why you have said it, but on the other
hand those of us who haven't been through all that (and I personally have
been through quite a lot of it, except the pump bit) can't really be expected
to compare what we have today with what happened a long time ago. We need to
look forward to what we all want and need - a hassle-free lifestyle.
Pre-loaded pump cartridges are just around the corner and we as diabetics
need to push hard for the elimination of all inconveniences !! It may also
depend to an extent on which pump you are on. I have been told that the
Mini-Med is relatively easy to re-fill with insulin, whereas the Disetronic
is less easy. You then have to compare this with what I do at the moment,
which takes only a few seconds - ie every few days I insert a new cartridge
into my insulin pen, push the button to expel air and voila! That's pretty
easy and I can understand that if you were changing from the pen to a pump
you might possibly find refilling the cartridge a bit of a pain.