Re: [IP] Re: inconvenience

You are right Jan, I had just been diagnosed with diab. and preg. at the
same time. My education was sticking a ball with a needle & syringe, told to
boil syringe and needle or keep in 90 0/0 alcohol (you can't even buy that
any more), given an ADA food exchange booklet , a 1500 calorie diet plan,
told to buy the Joslin Diabetes book and read it. Then when I had to check
with clinitest I could never go potty in my little pan and would sit there
forever, only to see the brilliant orange foaming up after I could finally
go potty, put the drops in the vial with drops of H2O and then drop in the
clinitest tablet. What fun! Then when I could check my blood sugar, I was
sent to a pharmacist who taught me how. And I was told to wipe my finger
with alcohol, let it dry, not touch anything else and then stick my finger
and rewipe with alcohol after putting blood on strip. And I still do it that
way. Old habits are hard to change. I go thru a ton of hand lotion and
cream.                                                       Sue(dalgal)