[IP] Re: coma

 <<If someone is truely in "diabetic coma" they have a
 condition called hyperosmolar hyperglycemic non-ketotic
 and are usually Type 2. >>

<It is my understanding that somebody does not go into
hyperosmolar etc.
unless his or her BGs are dangerously high -- and have been
for awhile. So
insulin would, indeed, be indicated in this case. Right? Or
were you just
explaining the differences among the various definitions? (I
first read this
as saying a type 2 in a diabetic coma would not need

I apologize if my explanation was misleading. I was
explaining the differences without a lot of detail. Yes,
HHNK does take a while to appear and it does need insulin

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE