[IP] Re: thyroid

In a message dated 12/19/00 11:50:44 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> A more permanent solution, and the treatment of choice, is to destroy a
> portion of the thyroid with radioactive iodine.  Often times, the patient
> will become hypothyroid after this and will go on Synthroid (or eq.)
sorry this is late but i got behind in digests.
I have a question.
Does radioactive iodine always destroy part of the thyroid?
I took radioactive iodine twice for a scan years before i have had
hypothyroid.  I wonder if that could have destroyed part of it and eventually
caused the hypothyroid?
I was thinking all diabetics eventually get this and it is a diabetic thing
but maybe not.
Where would i go to look stuff like this up?

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000