[IP] fat question

Kevin had potato chips for snack lastnight...LOTS...like about 50 carbs & 11
grams fat worth, 5 servings (he's a growing boy!) We bolused normally...4
hours into it he spiked. My husband thought that if the fat was to play a
factor it would slow the absorbtion of the carbs, I thought that maybe the
fat kicked in later when the bolus was gone? Either way, we were up during
the night bolusing him back down!

How does it last so long? Is there a better way to handle it?

Mom to Kevin, 12, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99