Re: [IP] Important Question from America

Hello Pixie
I'm not sure what the situation is for American nationals, but if I was
travelling in the UK and ran out of strips I would either make an appointment
to see the local doctor and get a prescription which I would then take to the
local chemist (we simply have  local chemists - the biggest of these is the
chain called Boots, but you will also find smaller chemists dotted around in
most areas). If this was not practicable I would find the local chemist and
pay for a box of strips. I seem to remember paying around #15-#20 for a box,
but this is only a vague recollection. They are certainly not cheap though!!
However, you do have to bear in mind that chemists will not always carry your
particular strips in stock and you may have to order them. My local chemist
would usually be able to get them within a day or so. You could try emailing
Diabetes UK and Boots the Chemist with questions. Also you could email Tesco
plc, Sainsburys and Safeway, who are some of the biggest UK supermarkets, re
what they stock in SF drinks - I never use these myself. Let me know if  I
can help further - I am happy to carry out some local enquiries if you need
me to, just let me know where you are going!